Founded in 2001, StoryBuilt is a leading residential and commercial community developer focused solely on urban infill properties in select, high growth U.S. markets. Headquartered in Austin, TX, StoryBuilt is led by a deep management team averaging 10 years of broad real estate and finance experience.
StoryBuilt’s team of approximately 150 employees has created more than 50 communities and helped over 1,000 homeowners and residents live in the cities they love. These efforts have generated approximately $450 million in revenue, surpassing $100 million in 2018 for the first time.
Across all four of our markets, StoryBuilt has a $1 billion pipeline of future product owned and controlled infill land inventory and continues to expand on its initial offering of homes for sale, while seeking new ways of building responsibly and sustainably.
StoryBuilt believes that key industry expertise in finance, real estate, and technology is essential to operate a trusted investment platform. Our investors receive excellent customer service – not only during the fundraising process but also after the deal is fully funded and closed.
StoryBuilt has created opportunities for investors to access direct real estate investment opportunities more easily. StoryBuilt works with accredited investors who can choose whether to invest in particular projects, or to invest in StoryBuilt’s corporate shares.
To be an accredited investor, you must meet one of the following criteria:
- Have an income over $200,000 for the last two years. (Or a joint income over $300,000 for the last two years.)
- Have a net worth exceeding $1 million (excluding the value of your personal residence).
- Have a trust with assets over $5 million.
When you invest with StoryBuilt you invest directly with the sponsor. This eliminates fees from brokers. All investor communication and interaction are directly with our own investor relations professionals.
Unlike crowdfunding platforms, StoryBuilt does not charge any management or investment fees, giving the full returns to our investors.
The minimum investment for most individual projects is $50,000. The minimum investment for the StoryBuilt corporate shares is $100,000.
- Land: StoryBuilt offers investments in land acquisition and pre-development deals with annualized returns in the 12-14% range.
- Project-level deals: Invest in vertical development projects in the highly desirable urban core.
- Corporate Shares: StoryBuilt shareholder equity provides you broad interest in our full portfolio of For Sale and For Rent across Texas, Denver and Seattle. Investors receive a 6% preferred return plus 5% of company profits. Targeted annual return is in the 8-12% range with a 25% exit premium minimum on shares in the occurrence of a liquidity event. If a liquidity event happens in next 3-5 years that adds 5-8% annual upside to paid return.
Risk Mitigation & Diversification
- Benefit from geographic exposure across diverse product types
- Real estate investing with a focus on for-sale residential real estate in highly desirable markets
- StoryBuilt is among the fastest growing private builders in the country, based on number of units closed since 2016.
- Strong existing backlog supports near-term unit closings outlook
Proven Track Record
- In 2018, StoryBuilt was the 4th fastest-growing U.S. private builder (by unit closings) and the only builder in the top 10 focused solely on Urban Infill development
- Proven track record of attractive project returns, with contribution margins typically ranging from 20-30%
Direct Investment. No Extra Fees.
- Save on fees by investing directly with the sponsor.
- Real time updates on project progress including construction and sales updates on your investor portal and project microsites
- Dedicated investor relations professionals always available to answer your questions
- The urban core represents the “sweet spot” for shifting U.S. demographics, migration trends and homebuyer needs.
- The current generation of buyers is increasingly seeking homes near jobs, transportation and entertainment without living downtown.
Fast Growing Demand
- Adoption of the urban core is growing quickly, attracting significant capital inflows.
- Further development of the urban core is quickly accelerating its appeal to younger home buyers, supporting higher demand.
Limited Land Supply
- Limited urban core land supply acts as a natural buffer to support a strong long-term price outlook.
- StoryBuilt’s dedicated focus on developing urban infill allows for better market visibility and improved execution.
Yes. In addition to investing with us as an individual, we also work with our investors to allow investment through their IRA, Trust, or LLC.
If you are interested in investing with StoryBuilt, fill out the Contact Form from the site’s investor page and a member of our investor relations team will contact you. You must be an accredited investor.